Photography books are your best friend to get the knowledge in structure. There is overwhelming amount of content on Internet – blogs, articles, videos and social media posts. They’re all good in their own sense. But they can’t provide you comprehensive knowledge. To become a professional photographer, you need to commit to lifelog learning.
90% of my knowledge is built through reading books. The rest is attributed to watching videos and reading articles/ blogs.
Said that, it’s painful to find right photography books for right purpose and the genre of your photography passion. To ease this learning process for you, I’ve categorized and listed the relevant books for you.
Best Street Photography Books
- Vivian Maier: Street Photographer
- Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Decisive Moment
- Humans of New York
- Humans of New York : Stories
- The Atlas of Beauty: Women of the World in 500 Portraits
- Street Photography: 50 Ways to Capture Better Shots of Ordinary Life
- Magnum Contact Sheets
If you’re like me who is interested in Street Portrait Photography – look for my bestselling Street Photography book. It’s a crisp book for a quick read.